Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Robert F. McGovern

Robert McGovern is an Emeritus Professor, University of the Arts, Philadelphia PA. He is a talented painter, print maker and sculptor. He has done extensive commission works throughout the United States as well as illustrating many books. I fund this artist's bio which has some images of his woodcarvings. Some more of his work can be seen at this exhibition page. I also read that he lectures on the concerns surrounding religious art in our times (which I feel is a very important subject for discussion.)

4 comments:

  1. Hans,

    I recently purchased two Robert F. McGovern woodblock prints at an auction. I purchased them as part of a lot in which I was interested in another artist's works.

    If you collect his work and would like information on the pieces feel free to contact me.

    John
    john.mcdude@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, and fans of Robert F McGovern..I have many pieces of art, drawings, cartoons...watercolors...etc...from the 40's & early 50's...all original...please of interested contact me at
      starrwren@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. I have a limited production of a Madonna and child done by Robert for two St. Charles seminarians, two prints only. I was in my first year of theology at the time and had a pickup. We cut a tree down for the family and brought it over to the house which was close by. I spent a memorable afternoon with his family and received the print as a reward. I would like to sell it to someone who would appreciate it more. Any ideas how I can contact his community of fans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. as to the comment above, you can contact me at: willnicolas78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete